Equipment Upgrades & Machines
Select Product >ToolSCAN > X2 Cross Hatch > ToolCLEAN > AccuSTRIP > TightPACK >BAT-s > Other Upgrades
Over the years IPS has developed numerous equipment upgrades and specialty machines all designed to improve can plant performance. Our upgrades range from Decorator speed-up packages, palletizer modifications with better chip-board dispensers, to oven cable systems allowing more air volume with no down cans.
ToolSCAN Precise Tooling Measurement System
The ToolSCAN uses a non-contact LED micrometer to measure Punch OD and contour scan / Die ID and OD. One of the most innovative features of the ToolSCAN is the punch scan feature. It scans the punch contour along the longitudinal profile measuring all the punch profiles and transitions making it ideal for punch step and rework analysis. Some of the ToolSCAN features include:
- Fully automated and easy to operate
- Measures longitudinal scan of a punch profile
- Customizable reports with easy Pass/Fail analysis
- Designed specifically for can plant environments
- For more information visit the ToolSCAN page
X2 Cross Hatch Machine
At the beginning of 2012 IPS released their new, state of the art cross hatch machine. The X2 Cross Hatch is designed to improve punch life, optimize Bodymaker punch stripping and improve tear-off performance. Some of the features the X2 Cross Hatch include are:
- Fully programmable HMI interface
- Quick connect/disconnect punch mount system
- Pressure controlled cross hatch mechanism
- Fully integrated safety features
- For more information visit the X2 Cross Hatch Machine page
ToolCLEAN Ultra-Sonic Tool Cleaning System
The ToolCLEAN, Ultra-Sonic Tool Cleaning System removes aluminum or tin pick-up from Bodymaker punches and dies, Necker dies and knockouts. This system is quick and effective and will never alter the profile of your expensive tooling. Some of the features the ToolCLEAN include are:
- IPS proprietary & proven caustic cleaning system
- Ultrasonic, heated & temperature controlled
- Comprehensive equipment & procedure manuals
- For more information visit the ToolCLEAN page
AccuSTRIP Bodymaker Stripper Fingers
The AccuSTRIP stripper finger assembly is precision designed to eliminate Bodymaker tearoffs with improved stripping. Each assembly is custom designed for specific bodymaker punches to optimize performance and assure reliability. For more information visit the AccuSTRIP Stripper Finger page.
TightPACK Washer Cable System
The TightPACK washer cable system is designed to eliminate washer spoilage by ensuring a tight can pack passes through the washer that is supported by cables on both sides. The TightPACK system is fully adjustable and can be made to fit any can plant's needs. For more information visit the TightPACK Washer Cable System page.
BAT-s Static Bodymaker Alignment Tool
The BAT-s (Bodymaker Alignment Tool – static) was created to take the guess work out of bodymaker alignment and drastically reduce downtime. This easy to use tool will support the positioning of the redraw sleeve, redraw die, stripper and verify domer location along with other tooling. For more information visit the BAT-s page.
Quick Cool IC Spray Feature
High temperature locations or close coupled pin oven/IC sprayers need temperature control of cans. IPS has a solution for this issue that is proven to work well
IPS can provide customized, proven upgrades at a cost effective, value added price.
IPS has performed many speedup packages on many old palletizers
- Better laning devices
- New chipboard magazines and pallet placement
- Rewritten logic with higher speeds in mind
Self-Clearing Bi-Di Option
This option ensures smoother, faster label changes by eliminating the manpower associate with clearing dead plates by automating the process.
Automated Baler Room
Eliminate manpower and injuries by installing a fully automated baler room, complete with robotic palletizer, powered conveyors and full auto-strapper.
- Pallet-less briquette stacking
Oven Upgrades/Oven Speed-Ups
Over the last few decades can line speeds in many cases have more than doubled. Most manufacturers are using the old ovens with little to no modifications. IPS has been very successful in speeding up ovens with various engineering solutions.
- Complete rebuilds
- Fans, burners, stacks and electrical
- Re-sheeting washer ovens from corrosion
- IBO Metal exposure work
- IPS has had very good luck solving existing issues related to metal exposure by making modifications to existing ovens